Things To Do:
- Notify your age level commisioner that you would like to coach.
- Submit practice field request.
- Study rules.
- Attend coaches meeting. Verify your rosters.
- Contact parents.
- Attend coaching clinic. Create a practice plan.
- Begin practice. Conduct parent meeting.
- Select a team manager/mom/dad/parent. Collect photos for ID cards. Prepare ID cards. Distribute schedule.
- Create an inclement weather plan for games and practices. Issue uniforms.
- HAVE FUN and LET THE KIDS PLAY!
HEAT INJURY PREVENTION
A coach should be aware of heat injuries and prevention methods. Please download the Heat Injury Prevention paper located on the US Youth Soccer website for some good information about Heat injury and prevention.
Requests for practice field space should be submitted to Scheduler. Click HERE for practice request form.
McAllister Park: U10 and younger teams will receive first consideration at McAllister Park. Only after these teams have been accommodated will any U11 and above teams be assigned space at McAllister Park.
LBJ: There are 3 large practice areas with full-sized goals available at LBJ. This is primarily for U11 and above teams.
John James: There are 4 lighted practice areas with full-sized goals available at John James. This is primarily for U11 and above teams.
Specht Road: We have many fields available for practice at our Specht Road complex. Many of these fields are lighted and we can accommodate teams of any age level at this complex.
Teams desiring to practice at local schools or other fields must submit a request to NEYSO. The field and goals must be inspected prior to use.
Practice assignments will be posted on the coaching page.
Please use your assigned space and do not assume that you may use an empty field. Teams may decide to cancel practice on any given day on their own. Until the goals are set up use the approximate area that you are assigned.