As the NEYSO Board of Directors, we are responsible for the organizational requirements necessary to ensure that every child has the opportunity to play in a healthy and productive environment. We are dedicated to the care and protection of our players, coaches, referees and volunteers. Your NEYSO Board of Directors will not tolerate abusive or disruptive language or displays of dissent that detract from the enjoyment of the game for you or your children, nor should you.
We ask for everyone's help and cooperation in making youth soccer an opportunity for children and families to build cherished memories of days filled with joy, friends, families, spirited competition and moments that shape and mould our children's character. Our referees are charged by rule to protect the laws of the game and the players. The rest of us are responsible to ensure that our children's environment is as safe and positive as it can be.
We thank you in advance for your commitment to your children and to all of the children fortunate enough to be playing the world's game.
NEYSO Board of Directors
Playing Rules can be found below
Code of Conduct for all NEYSO Members
NEYSO encourages positive comments and support of players, coaches and referees. ANYTHING negative will NOT be tolerated. NO ONE has the right to humiliate, insult, intimidate or yell at anyone. This type of negative conduct will result in ejection from the soccer complex.
REMEMBER THESE THINGS ABOUT OUR YOUTH REFEREES
- This could be YOUR child being yelled at or abused.
- They are still learning, but cannot learn from negative attitudes or intimidation.
- They are young and trying their best.
- They cannot see EVERYTHING even though they try.
- They have attended 8-16 hours of MANDATORY training and must pass a written exam every year.
- These are young people doing something for the community, something healthy, working with other young people trying to improve their skills.
- They are NOT hanging out in malls or alleys, robbing your homes, making grafitti or causing trouble. Give them a break!!!
COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
- I coach because I want to help young people mature into well adjusted, productive adults with strong character.
- I will treat all players, coaches, administrators, parents, and referees with the respect and courtesy I desire for myself.
- Any dissatisfaction I want to express will be stated in a private forum and in a restrained and civil manner.
- I recognize that all players signed up to play and have fun and, except for health or disciplinary reason, I am committed to playing each player more than fifty percent of the game and in a manner that seems fair to all players and parents.
- I will be an encourager, not a discourager
- I will follow all the rules of the game and will teach my players to do the same.
- I will do my best to make soccer “THE FUN GAME FOR ALL”